Monday, April 12, 2010

ChinatownFire.

So my house got a call at 11:30PM and we're told there's a fire two blocks from my grandmother's apartment building in New York and they need to evacuate the building for everyone's safety. We're wondering why such a precaution if the building is two blocks away, but when my parents and I arrive, we see that the building on fire is actually right next to my grandmother's building!

After we picked up my grandmother and start heading home.. we drive ten minutes away from the building and the streets are covered in the smoke from the fire.


And the following day (today), we're told that the fire spread to two other buildings - one of them being my grandma's. The fire reached my grandmother's apartment, and now she's left with no possessions except for the pajamas on her back that she walked out of her apartment with. =( At least she's safe and unharmed though.. many thanks to God for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment