Sunday, August 1, 2010

MobileEats.

What's the craze with these Mobile eateries?



It's been around for what seems to be quite a long time.. I have to admit that I was extremely hesitant about eating food that was cooked in a van/truck - what is that vehicle? I was uncertain about the quality of the food and the cleanliness of everything. Even to this day, I have eaten from a mobile restaurant only about a handful of times. But nowadays, it's not so much that I'm still reluctant, it's just that it's not that available to me because most of them are found in NY and not so much in NJ. I have to go out of my way to drive to the mobile eatery.. which kind of defeats the "convenience" of it being mobile. But anyway..

Now EVERYTHING can be cooked in one of these trucks! Gyros, dim sum, sandwiches/subs, cupcakes, waffles, sausages, pizza, cookies, brownies.. the options seem to be growing by the second! And now I see that these trucks are becoming so popular that there is a show about it called the Great Food Truck Race on the Food Network. Since when did Mobile eateries become such a craze? And I really wonder what people from out of the country think of these "mobile restaurants"? Is America really so fast-paced and constantly on the move that we need the convenience of these trucks?

2 comments: