Friday, July 24, 2009

Arnie.

I'm taking my nightly stroll at the park and I always avoid contact with anyone.. especially the immature guys. I pay more attention to the bunnies, ducks, swans, and dogs than I do the people. But last night someone was calling for me, and his name, I later learned, was Arnie. I'm not sure why I paid him any attention, but we walked about a quarter mile together. I learned that he is Pakistanian and was not born in the states. He has a wife and two children - one of whom is about to graduate from high school. His motivation for walking is because his doctor warned him about his health - especially because he just learned he is a diabetic. He is informed me that he is 5'10 and about 220 pounds. He lives ten minutes away from the park but used to live in Middletown, NJ. He has worked for AT&T in the engineering department for about forty years and still going. He's also very good at playing tennis.

As for the information he got about me.. He now knows that I am an American Chinese. I guess he still wins because he got me to talk to him, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment